The best things in life are sugary and sweet. Unfortunately, most of these foods are damaging to your teeth. Sugar is a large contributor in the formation of cavities. When we eat or drink sugary treats, traces of sugar are left in the mouth. Bacteria within the plaque uses the sugar as energy and releases acid which gradually dissolves the enamel in the teeth.
Luckily, we have some tips to help reduce the effects of sugar on your teeth so that you can have your cake (or donut, or ice cream cone) and eat it too!
- Brush your teeth at least twice each day or after each meal to remove bacteria-filled plaque
- Balance out sweets intake by consuming healthy foods that strengthen the teeth
- Floss your teeth at least once each day
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash
- See your dentist at least twice a year for teeth cleaning and dental checkups
The dental experts at Monarch Dentistry are here for you! Book an appointment today at your nearest Monarch location.