In case you have lost all your teeth or a number of them due to injury, trauma, tooth decay, or severe fractures, we at Monarch Dentistry can restore your mouth back to its previous state. Some of the restorative procedures we’ll perform are installing full mouth crowns, veneers, and bridges. You will also get to access the services of dental specialists like:
- Endodontists – Tooth pulp specialist
- Orthodontists – Professionals in the field of teeth positions and movements
- Periodontists – Gums specialist
- Oral surgeons
This procedure treats dental diseases, jawbone and gum damage, addresses faulty bites, and repair worn-out teeth, among many more.
Who is the Right Candidate for This Procedure?
Full mouth rehabilitation is usually recommended for people with the following conditions:
- Patients who have lost their teeth due to trauma or decay
- Sorely damaged teeth caused by constant erosion from acid reflux, beverages, and foods
- Persons with fractured or injured teeth
- Individuals diagnosed with oral cancer
- People born with issues such as Dentinogenesis Imperfecta, Ectodermal Dysplasia, and Amelogenesis. These patients need full teeth reconstruction because of the genetic nature of their oral complications.
How is the Procedure Set in Motion?
Pay your dentist a visit for a comprehensive inspection. He or she will scrutinize your mouth to ascertain the issue and the available remedy options. The following parts of your mouth are examined:
- Gums: In case the gums of the patient are unhealthy, root planning and scaling procedures will be conducted as a measure of treating periodontal disease. At times, intensive treatment from a specialist will be necessary to guarantee your newly rehabilitated teeth, a strong foundation. Such treatments will require bone grafts or soft tissues to reconstruct your underlying jaw bone and gums.
- Teeth: Your teeth’ condition is the basic determinant of the restorative procedures to be done, such as bridges, inlays and on lays, and dental veneers. Your health practitioner will look for cracks, decay, cavities, tooth wear, and any form of tooth movement.
- Esthetics: It refers to the appearance of your teeth in relation to your smile, face, gums, and lips. These are key factors put into consideration during a full mouth rehabilitation.
- Occlusion, jaw muscles, and temporomandibular joints: Occlusal changes are also considered when planning for restoration.
The examination procedure will require your dental records, such as your upper and lower teeth impressions, photographs, and X-rays. Before deciding on a treatment plan that is ideal for you, other specialists in the field, such as oral surgeons, and orthodontists have to be consulted.
For the purpose of improving the function, beauty, and overall oral health, this procedure combines restorative dentistry with cosmetic dentistry. Below are the restorative treatments:
- Periodontal Treatment – The importance of this treatment is that it cleans thoroughly the pockets surrounding the teeth.
- Oral Surgery – Root canal, tissue grafting, and tooth extraction are the common procedures performed by the surgeon. Tooth extraction is necessary if your mouth is over-crowded.
- Implant Dentistry – Dental implants are used to replace a missing tooth. A surgical guide is obtained after conducting an examination. It will be used to guide the fitting of the implants.
- Orthodontics – Spacers, expanders, retainers, traditional braces, or invisible aligners will be fitted at this phase.
- TMD Treatment – It is recommended when correcting bite issues and temporomandibular joints.
- Bruxism Treatment – This involves going for a special type of therapy which resolves issues associated with teeth grinding.
- Cosmetic Dentistry – This includes teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, full mouth crowning, dental bonding, and gum re-contouring.
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction.
This is one of the significant health benefits of the restorative procedure. Full mouth rehabilitation targets dental issues such as decay. Plaque accumulation is responsible for tooth decay. Its elimination prevents a severe outbreak of decay.
Research conducted has shown that patients who choose this treatment have their self-esteem restored. This is beneficial to their professional and personal areas in life.
- Stronger dental structures
A successful treatment therapy will improve the strength of your jawbones and the resilience of the gum tissues. Gums hold your teeth in position, and if they are compromised in any way whatsoever, tooth loss becomes inevitable.
Today’s technological advancement has led to an evolution in dental restorations. Aside from giving you an elegant smile, it also improves your oral health. Visit our clinic today and get the chance to share your amazing smile with the world.